“Sales over mobile phones are growing strongly and increased by 57% in 2016, which reflects the customers’ appreciation of the gaming experience we provide. Among the products, Eurojackpot stands out with net gaming revenues of nearly SEK 400 million in 2016, an increase of 34%. Full-year earnings reached SEK 4,866 million. We are concluding full-year 2016 with an adequate profit in tough competition at the same time that we show that it is possible to combine growth with responsible gaming,” says Lennart Käll, President and CEO.
“We have a leading market position with well-established products, satisfied customers and a strong digital offering that meets customer experience demand. We are well prepared for the opportunities of the future. Our focus is on growth, but with sound revenues,” says Lennart Käll.
October – December in brief
• Consolidated net gaming revenue amounted to SEK 2,447 million (2,426), which is a 0.9% increase.
• Consolidated operating income amounted to SEK 1,297 million (1,245), which is a 4.1% increase.
• Consolidated profit amounted to SEK 1,301 million (1,246), which is a 4.4% increase.
• Operating margin amounted to 21.5% (21.3).
• The Customer Satisfaction Index reached 68, which is on a par with the previous quarter.
• Svenska Spel’s image rating amounted to 55%, which is on a par with the previous quarter.
• The Spelkoll index was 83 and is unchanged compared with the previous quarter.
Events during the quarter
• Bingo was launched on mobile phones and tablets.
• An independent evaluation was done of the company’s responsible gaming work. The conclusion was that the responsible gaming tools work and have an effect.
• SEK 50 million was paid to athletic association youth activities through Gräsroten (Grass Roots).
• A new sponsoring guideline that safeguards human rights was launched.
• The company is involved in financing Sweden’s first medical professorship in gambling addiction. January – December
• Consolidated net gaming revenue amounted to SEK 8,993 million (8,961), which is a 0.4% increase.
• Consolidated operating income amounted to SEK 4,851 million (4,791), which is a 1.3% increase.
• Consolidated profit amounted to SEK 4,866 million (4,803), which is a 1.3% increase.
• Operating margin amounted to 22.2% (22.6).
The year-end report for January to December 2016 is available for review here. Film where Lennart Käll comments on Svenska Spel’s Year-end Report 2016. For more information, please contact: To contact Lennart Käll, President and CEO of Svenska Spel, please ring Andreas Jerat at +46-70- 087 46 94.