Welcome back to your Fleurry Madness: The Scratcher’s Design Tournament update! We’re deep into the Sweet 16, and the tension is palpable as we witness some jaw-dropping clashes.
- Montana was on fire this weekend and put the heat on Ohio, pulling off an impressive comeback to take the lead, but Ohio’s not giving up and it’s still too close to call. Can they reclaim the lead and secure a spot in the Elite 8?
- In the Midwest Bracket, BCLC is currently holding onto a slim lead over WCLC. WCLC closed the gap over the holiday and is going all out!
Here are your current leaders in each bracket:
- North Bracket Leaders: Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- South Bracket Leaders: West Virginia and North Carolina
- Midwest Bracket Leaders: BCLC and South Dakota
- West Bracket Leaders: Montana and Arizona
Stay tuned for more Fleurry Madness action as we inch closer to crowning the Scratcher’s Design champion! Voting for the Sweet 16 round ends Wednesday, September 6, at 11:30 p.m. EST. Don’t miss the action–cast your votes and cheer on your favorites!
The N.C. State Lottery Commission is advancing toward establishing mobile sports betting in North Carolina. They have hired Gaming Laboratories International to assist in creating sports betting regulations by the June 14 deadline. The commission has also issued a request for proposal for an online enterprise regulatory system, allowing license applicants to apply and manage requirements online. Gaming Laboratories will aid in rule-making, licensing procedures, audit programs, and risk control. The commission aims to ensure effective and responsible sports and horse racing wagering operations.
The British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC) has released its Annual Service Plan Report for fiscal 2022/23, revealing a record net income of CA$1.636 billion. Fiscal 2022/23 saw the launch of Lotto 6/49, high Lotto Max Jackpot rolls, and expansion into a third Canadian province.
Allwyn, a multinational lottery operator, appointed Naida Buljugic as its first Global Chief People and Culture Officer effective September 1, 2023. Naida, who previously served as Head of HR at Casinos Austria and Austrian Lotteries, will lead Allwyn’s global People and Culture strategy, overseeing organizational and talent development initiatives worldwide. Naida will be instrumental in shaping Allwyn’s future people agenda, global talent initiatives, and culture programs.
Fast Company has written an article on how instant game tickets are designed.