Do you have a passion for supervising and leading a sales team? The California State Lottery is seeking a Lottery Sales Manager for our San Diego District Office.
The California Lottery is a multi-billion-dollar enterprise headquartered in Sacramento. It is one of the few state agencies that is a revenue generator, not accepting taxpayer dollars from the state’s general fund. Our mission is to provide supplemental funding to California schools while simultaneously supporting local communities. Ninety-five cents of every dollar spent by our players goes back to local communities in the form of contributions to public schools and colleges, prizes and retail compensation.
In fiscal year 2020-21, the California Lottery generated sales of approximately $8 billion with over $1.8 billion earned for California public schools. Lottery products are sold at more than 23,000 retail locations throughout the state, from independent neighborhood shops to convenience stores, liquor stores to supermarkets, and more. Retail product offerings include an average of 52 fun and entertaining Scratchers games and several draw games, including jackpot games such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and SuperLotto Plus and daily games such as Fantasy 5 and Hot Spot.
Under the direction of the Chief of District Sales, the Lottery Sales Manager (LSM) supervises and coordinates all activities of the District Office and assists the Chief of District Sales in maximizing the sales of Lottery games within a geographical area through the efficient implementation of Lottery marketing and merchandising programs. The LSM is also responsible for the supervision of the district claims office, and the district warehouse.
Salary: $6,248.00 – $7,763.00 per Month
- Well-rounded leadership experience in the Lottery industry.
- At least two (2) years’ experience supervising sales representatives.
- At least five (5) years of business to business (wholesale) sales history
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience merchandising product or promotional material.
- Experience creating and conducting presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with sales data to develop sales quotas and marketing plans for customers.
- Experience leading a team of territory sales representatives.
- Experience leading and overseeing the development of sales supervisors / managers.
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively in writing.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, the California State Lottery, and instructions for applying, click here.